Tuesday, September 3, 2024

not fair June 15, 2012

 



She is so upset she is even willing

 to talk to me about it,

 although I am helpless to help 

her do anything

 since it is the boss 

who gutted her story,

 the final word on all matters

 unless she goes to the owner 

which she won’t.

This is not a new complaint. 

We all have seen what we write 

butchered by a boss 

whose writing isn’t nearly

 as good as ours, 

though in her case (the poet), 

she being perhaps

 the best writer on the staff 

and this being 

the most important story

 of her fledgling career,

the damage is worse 

than merely readjusting words,

 and she sends me her original 

for me to evaluate, 

needing at least someone 

to tell her she’s right, 

and she is,

 I wish I could do more 

than just agree with her,

 but life is not fair 

and this is more proof that it isn’t.

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment