Saturday, September 28, 2024

plunging deep aug 3, 2012

 

 the only way to get to know you

is from the inside out

to plunge my head in first

and hope I can still breathe

 when I arrive

to plunge deep and frequently

to come up for air only long enough

 to dive again

 this desperate in and out

and in again

a deep sea driver

 searching depths of your ocean

to find the sunken gold

I know if there is

even if you do your best

to keep it hidden

 somewhere in the deepest recesses

the oyster shells with precious pearls

I must keep diving into you to find

 the only way to find out who you really are

 is to keep plunging

probing all those perilous places

 drawing out of you clues

between the moans

 until at last breathless I find it

spilling out like oil


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment