Sunday, August 25, 2024

The rose tree (with apologies to William Blake) feb 19, 2014

 

she is the rose that still makes me bleed

 a pretty rose tree I grasp until the thorns break me

such a flower flour I might never see

 who's thorns are like a painful key

 I see and still need

 that all too delightful rose tree

what makes her so appealing to me

and why am I always willing to let her make me bleed

Her sweet scent linger but I can’t see

the always elusive butterfly that always haunts me

Who tends this ground that grows roses as sweet as she?

and why am I consumed with jealousy?

 when in fact I ought to flee

but again and again I come to feed

 and again and again I always bleed

this woman I picked off this sweet sweet tree

 with scars of her touch all over me

 what is it that I want to see

do I find pleasure when she makes me bleed

or do I want to be on bended knee

to adore this rose that I forever see

and yet cannot touch without her making me bleed


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment