Saturday, October 5, 2024

Time and again aug 9, 2012

  

her pieces didn't fit together

seeing her across the table for me

 like a jigsaw puzzle not assembled right

something wrong with the picture that emerges

 something odd in her demeanor

 despite her retaining her usual beauty

2 weeks too late to be the result of her birthday

 her barfly face showing around

 the edges of her professional mask

her gaze of ruthless ambition

 yet desperation to the unintended

consequence of weirdness perhaps

 her laugh sounding artificial

forced not without dark glimpses at me

which is more a surprise when

she comes up to me in my cubby hole

to ask me something

maintaining her professional composure

 maybe wishing

(and this may be wishful thinking of my part)

 we might begin again

back to where we were before

 it all caved in

my dream not hers

 I think I still don't understand

why she needs to speak with me

 when she has warned me

time and again

 to leave her alone


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment