Friday, August 23, 2024

A wiser man might have feb 18, 2014

  

Had I've been wiser back then

 I would have allowed her to do

whatever she wanted

playful, meaningless meandering

neither of us should have taken too seriously

 let her do it with me as she wished

 like in used tissue disposed of when done

 a wise man knows his uses

and how to get his bit of pleasure

 before the playing ends

no regrets, no jealousy

just what is

giving her whatever she wishes for

in exchange for the tenderness, the intensity

the pain that is really pleasure

had I've been wiser man back then

 I might have taken joy

and gone on with it as a memory I could cherish

we never go back even when it was something good

 and yet in my head I relive it all

 reshape reality into a bunch of what ifs

and sometimes in the dark of night

when I feel the old urges growing

I imagine it was more than it was

 and take joy from it anyway


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment