Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Not the same river Feb. 15, 2014

  

The only people

Talking about her these days

Are the one who don’t

Know anything at all.

Those who know

Stay silence,

Whether out of shame

At how they mistreated her

Or for some other reason

I can’t comprehend,

What transpired becomes

One of a mystery

For the ages,

She and then know

But nobody else.

Maybe if I climbed up to

Seventh heaven

And pounded on her door

She might tell me

Most likely

She would call the cops.

I sit on my hands

Letting the whole thing

Fade away,

Waiting for the next

Chapter to start,

For her to make

The eternal trek

From this shell

To the one she expects

To settle into next

If she even knows

This isn’t like other times

When everything

Seemed self evident,

And we could see why

She went

I stand near the river

Where she sometimes stood,

And wonder about the old axiom

Of never being the same river

Because of the water flow

And wonder where she

Will sat out to next

When the tide comes again.

 

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment