Monday, August 26, 2024

resistance is futile 2015

  

resistance is futile

perhaps even then

 to believe that I can

survive unscathed

after having heard her siren song

 conquered by my own need

 though her voice still eases into me

 a sharp and crafted blade

thrust into the core of my brain

and the depths of my heart

a double fatal blow

 from which I may never recover

her words, her stare,

blinding me

captivating my mind

and body and soul

 I might have survived one of these

but not all

and so in the depths of night

 I see her eyes even with my eyes closed

 and hear her voice so painfully soothing

I get lost in the sound

set adrift on a sea of my own desire

 unable to navigate back

to what once was

she owns me wholly

 whether she wants this or not


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment