Friday, October 11, 2024

go with it August 15th 2012

  

if you go with it she says

it will go better

even if others thinks it should  not

stirring up memories of that

old Neil Young song

heart of gold

 and if not gold maybe silver

 since she offers solace

if not quite absolution

 and I the faulty altar boy

surrendering even though

 I don't want to

 this deep in the quicksand

what choice have I

already tied to the mast of the ship

 listening to her siren song

 sung for someone else some

 new face she picked out of the crowd

to protect her in these dog days

when it gets too hot to think or move

her presence like a ghost

that only haunts me on Tuesdays

 when we both must be

 in the same place at the same time

if I let go

 and go with the flow

 all will go better she says

 even when others she says not

 who would have it otherwise

 and I cling to the ropes

that behind me

 still mesmerized by her song


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment