Thursday, September 5, 2024

one way coversation June 17, 2012

 


 I pine for somebody

 who despised me, 

I post blogs I know 

she will read if only to keep a connection, 

a love triangle with me as the only participant,

 not merely unrequited,

more a need not to lose 

whatever it was I felt

when all this started, 

not to recover it, 

 more to mourn its loss, 

poetry is how I think,

how I feel, a way to reveal 

what it is that goes on 

inside my head without 

spilling my guts out 

to someone who otherwise 

might not want to hear it, 

this desperate one-way conversation 

I think she'll read 

(even if she doesn’t,

I say it when I can

 because its all I can do,

 like a kid with two tin cans

 attached by string, 

talking into one 

without the assurance 

there is anyone on

 the other end to hear, 

denied all the usual 

methods of communication,

 I write and put these in a bottle,

 sending them out 

into a hostile sea 

with the vain hope

she might take pity on me,

or at least come to understand.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment