Saturday, September 21, 2024

the voices in my head sept 10, 2024

  

I still hear her voice in my head

 the way a mad man might

 stirred up after all this time

 like dust from a place I failed to sweep

 yet find needs sweeping

the midnight phone calls

the text after text

the memory of what it was

 or never was

how can I even be sure

 I hear her voice even

 when it's not there or on the CD player

or SoundCloud

what was and perhaps could never be

a voice long gone silent

 in the waking world

 yet not yet dreams

I wish to hear the sound

even when the images fade

 and I need to remind myself

who it is they are connected to

Eden abandoned

hell not fire so much as absence

the inability to have

what I desire most

my fault. her choice

she being the one to decide

who to talk to

 who is worthy of attention

 when all I ache for

is to hear it again

for real

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment