Tuesday, October 15, 2024

I will not compare thee to a summer's day August 19th 2012

  I will not compare thee to a summer's day

 the heat of which boils inside me

making me hate the sweating passion

 these long nights bring

the kiss of summer wind

rattling the leaves from spring in my bones

the longing in the dark

 the Press of moist flesh

 the wet kiss that lingers

and then consumes me in memory

I sleep fitfully and wake

To the same intense heat

 as when I fell to sleep

 this eternal summer vacant

 as I recall what came prior to this

 the buds of may spoiled

turned brown before their time

 as I ponder them and wonder

who is fairest when I know

it is the this summer

stretched out with metaphor

 to painful rack

 exposed, excluded, extinguished, exiled

to watch from afar

 I will not compare thee to a summer day

 but to the long nights

the cold nights

when we exchanged

whispers in the dark

when we still believed

anything was possible


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment