Friday, October 4, 2024

Returning to the sea 10-01-24

  

I returned to the Sea

 to where the whale watchers

 cling to the rail of the whale watch boats

 to watch for whales or dolphins

not the place where she danced last fall

but to the cape many many miles further south

where in the midst of pain that year

 the dolphins appeared

 not one or two, dozens,

 angels of the waves

to wash me clean

 to heal me

their shadows breaking

 through the tips of waves

 just for me

 yet when I see them this time

I will think of her and her dance

 and how when I came back

to the place where she danced

 Whales and dolphins danced for me again

 healing me again

 blessing me and

perhaps her as well

healing us both

even at a distance


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment