Saturday, September 7, 2024

echoes Feb 22. 2014

 

it is the echo I hear

that wakes me up at night

the memory of the tap tap tap

 chit chat we had and I miss

the knowing she will be there

when I lay my head down to rest

 the request to know how I feel

what I plans for the morning are

 and not always the rhetoric

that gives rise to me

the echo of it all

reverberating in my chest

 when I breathe

the recall that still stirs me

 a dream state that comes

 in those moments

just before sleep drags me

 too deep for me to recall it all at all

the tap tap tap the stirring me up

not rain on the roof

though sometimes that too

but fingers undoing me

 unlocking the combination to my core

even with the Innocence

 the loving questions

that bring on the night

the tenderness I still sense

with each echo repeating inside of me

 tapping my chest as if my heart

I still hear wishing I could get them

 for real again and feel as if I did


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment