Monday, September 23, 2024

A four letter word 2015

  

a four-letter word

 I dare not use when

I am near her

when I feel her breath

 against my cheek

her breasts against my chest

 her lips pressed against my lips

 hips against hips

a four-letter word

I can't resist

mumbled when we kiss

a word that best describes

the urge when we come

uncomfortably close

and what I want most

 a word uttered much too often

 in polite society

and yet describes

what I feel need, want most

a four-letter word

I learned as a kid

 yet not completely

what it means

still uttered like an oath

 a promise

 a commitment yet

so tainted it hurts

 when I speak of it too much

a four-letter word

 I think even when I don't say it

 stirring me


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment