Monday, July 1, 2024

I must be a pirate March 31, 2012

 


She must think me

A pirate from the patch

Over the patch over

One eye I wear

At the office.

She seated across

From me for months

But only on Tuesdays,

I do not know her

Except at the new girl

From somewhere, nowhere

Who I can’t stop looking at

Even if only with

One good eye,

The girl who always says

Such outrageous things,

With me trying to make out

If she means what she says

Or got wind of how shocked

I am when I hear her,

A little boy inside, trembling,

Even when on the outside

I stand firm,

Secretly wishing I could do

All those dark things

She suggests,

It’s what a pirate would do,

How much she gets

Staring at me one good eye

I can’t say,

And thinking back

I wonder

Did she have me pegged

From the very start.

 

br>
email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment