Monday, October 7, 2024

New boyfriend? aug 14, 2012


she announces that

she has a new boyfriend

at our Tuesday meeting

 as if she needs for all of us to know

she finally has protection

just who this mystery man is

I can not tell nor even who

she considered her old boyfriend

 the kind of announcement

 I hear or think of when I see

 the flag with a snake on it

and a slogan that says

don't tread on me

and this spoils the rest of the day

 makes me wonder

who the lucky man is

 and where she dug him up

and is she resurrecting someone

 she already knew because

 she's scared and needs

someone in her life

 that will chase the ghosts away

the ghosts that haunt her each morning

 and was her announcement for me alone

or are  we the collective

 this group of us who lay claim to her

 she needs to make clear

we can no longer have access to her

since she now belongs to one man

had she sent a press release via

the company email

 we might have gotten the message better

as I look around at the faces of other men

 looking as confused as I am


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment