Friday, October 11, 2024

Her life written on the face of a clock aug 16, 2012

  

she says in her poem

 she once bought the farm

 meaning she got married back then

though I can't remember seeing

any farm in Las Vegas

 last time I went there

 this one small piece of a poem

that lays out her life like a road map

telling all the things she has done

to this point in her not so long life

why she needed to sum it all up now

 I can't say though I might need a calculator

to make sense of it or keep track

or figure out what exactly it all means

not a love poem as much as a confession

though just to whom she speaks I can figure out

 wiping her slate clean maybe

needing someone else to know all she has gone through

 to get here when it seems she might not be here for long

the history of her life written on the face of a clock

 ticking loudly full of innuendo

and to some degree sadness


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment