Monday, July 1, 2024

I’ve just seen a face April 6, 2012

 


  Everywhere I go

I see her face

Popping up on my phone

As if by magic,

Her slanted lips giving

A sardonic smile

(like Mona Lisa),

Her deep, potent eyes

Stare right through me

Right through the phone,

Just as she does

On Facebook,

Like a billboard I

Can’t possibly miss,

Too painful to look at,

Worse not to,

A face I can’t touch,

Yet touches me

Down deep,

Ike a wound

I can’t remember

Being inflicted with,

Aching from it,

Her face, her eyes,

Temptation beyond

Reach, her stare

Looking right into

My soul,

Raising the memory

Of that old Beatles

Tune,”

I’ve just seen a face

I can’t forget,”

Playing in my head,

I never stop hearing

The song or seeing

The face

Even when I’m

Only sleeping.

 

br>
email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment