Sunday, July 28, 2024

An itch I can’t scratch Feb 1,2014

 

I won't pretend I don't miss it

that time in the dark

staring down into a tiny screen

for the icon telling me

you had texted me

this literary romance

this ache in my pants

this thing that itches like ants

and no way to scratch it

or ease it

no calamine lotion to soothe me

no drug I can take to make it go away

 I still feel it

still crave it

still wish I could go back

and do it all again differently

not the kisses or the touches

but rather the foolish things

that went through my head

 I will always want what I wanted then

 to feel your shape

against the palm of my hands

taste your taste when

 my tongue penetrates you

 to have your eyes swallow me whole

Jonah forever lost in the depths of you

feeling what it feels like

on the inside of you

 the press of flesh

the in and out

the hunger I can't satisfy

in any way with anyone

other than you

I won't pretend I don't miss it

I always do

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment