Monday, October 14, 2024

Truth hurts April 3, 2014

 

who really shot JFK

 I think my brain is filled with theories

 I can’t prove and do not want to

like a jigsaw puzzle whose picture

I do not wish to see

but can't stop putting the pieces until I do

cringing at each new revelation

 telling myself all this can't be true

needing it to be untrue and yet

I can't stop desperate

as she is to get to the truth

if there is such a thing

my twisted morality projects

pictures of the wall of shadows

reality I'm scared to go out

 into the light to discover for myself

some truths are like burried treasure

are best left where they lay

letting life go on without evidence

yet as with JFK

I will always wonder how much

 I don't know and can't stop myself

from finding out

wishing to leave the curtain closed

 letting the wizard maintain his illusion

undetected

truth hurts more than fantasy does

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment