Monday, July 1, 2024

Worth it April 7, 2012

 


 I know

This will all end

Badly

Yet, I tell

Myself

It will be worth it,

Pain being the price

Tomorrow

For the delight

I get today,

When in fact

I know,

It will get

Really, really bad

Before it’s over,

Yet, I cling to

What it is

In this moment,

And hope it won’t

Became as bad

As it is great today,

Though I know

My world will crash,

Mostly because

I don’t deserve

What is happening,

Pleasure or pain,

I have always lived

My life in safety,

Choosing not to

Take risks,

While she is not safe

And that’s the thrill of it,

Like looking over

The edge of a cliff,

Inching as close to

The brink as possible

Before I fall off,

Presuming that when

I land at the bottom

It will have been worth

The fall.

br>
email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment