Thursday, September 19, 2024

One grain at a time aug 2012

 

I taste each grain of sand

as they rub against my tongue

 lip deep in a pit

she says I should not struggle

from each grain oozing into my mouth

a slow drowning that stirs up

memories of other more joyful things

I might drown in

the dreams I used to have

half awake at night with

 cell phone clutch between my fingers

when I drowned in flesh not sand

 and could care less

 if I could not come up for air

not sand then

I imagine my tongue playing against

 so nearly as tiny spot against my lips

my tongue tasted it

 tasting forbidden fruit

consumed by the thought I might not survive

and could not care less

 flesh up and over me f

feeling me up with my imagination then

 and the sand I consume now

 drowning me one grain at a time

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment