Friday, September 20, 2024

gun to my head july 30, 2012

  

I picture it

 she holding the handgun

 to my temple

her finger with polished nail

 twitching on the trigger

 and me cringing waiting for the bang

 and my brain splattered across the pavement

 and it is all my own damn fault

 insisting on sending

that text message on her birthday

though I think of how

 much worse it might have been

had I actually sent the cards

physical evidence

leading to my execution

or at best the bushwacking

one more cease order I need to obey

 and will I hope

finally getting it through my thick head

 she has no use for me in her life

It was a mistake

a foolish side trip on a trip to the top

 not really needed or wanted

 in these days

an annoying perhaps even an obstacle

 between her and what she wants

 and I feel the cold metal of the gun

at my head and she telling me

 behave or else


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment