Tuesday, September 24, 2024

up to me eyeballs aug 2012

  

this is the wrong time

to be thinking that

I just can't help it

perhaps because

I've never stopped

still thinking what

 I thought back then

when she shook me up

 and shocked me

 now I am thinking of nothing else

 even when I see the rage in her eyes

 across the table from me

I'm caught up with

 the tilt of her lips

or how she sits

 or how she fills the room with her presence

her scent; her sense of being

 something in this small, small fish bowl

in which I swim

 all that I think

 what I thrive on

nothing short of world ending catastrophe

 will stop me

still this is the wrong time

this aftermath with me

 still sinking in quicksand

now nearly up to my eyes

why do I stare at empty space

 and imagine how she might fill it

 if she had the mind to

 the curves she possesses

which I can't help but notice

 even when I'm an uninvited outcast

the man up to his eyes and sand

and still sinking

still thinking this

 I should not think when

 I ought to be thinking how to survive

yet how does anyone me or the man on the moon

survive without her

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment