Wednesday, September 18, 2024

House of Tarot cards july 2022

 

she reads each of us

like a deck of tarot

each turn of the cards

full of meaning for her

 upside down or not

and in what order

 the card faces

flush with the face

she sees when

she looks at us

as if she knows our flaws

knows how to exploit them

though she may have

misread my card when

she turned it up

 there is always a joker in a deck

 I don't pretend to know

 what she expects

what transpires with

 the constantly unveiled cards

 though I feel something,

 the stirring of witchcraft

and how helpless each

 of us is to change the fortune

 she conveys

as if what she reads in us

what she expects to

and we live up to what she finds

 with the exception of the joker in me

 whose whole life has been

an exercise in how to upset

 whatever House of cards

I'm in at the moment


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment