Friday, September 13, 2024

Where did she go feb 27, 2014

  

nobody knows anything for certain

 least of all me

where exactly she went and why

 and what were the circumstances of her departure

though everybody has a lot to say

 especially me

I do know the world here is different without her

 a missing piece of a puzzle

we might not have felt comfortable with

 yet feel even less comfortable without

how long will she be away

 is she ever coming back

 does she even have a job to come back to

if she does and will she want

 to pick up where she left off

when it was so disappointing in the first place

what will she do if she decides to start a new life

will she do what she's done before

 gone off leaving the rest of us in her dust

 and in all this who does she blame

 me, they, or others

 I know nothing about

are we all guilty

 though I can only speak for myself

and my own guilt

having tossed her away

 when I claim to love her

as so many men before me have

 forcing her to scramble to survive


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment