Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Chained to the dog house aug 2012

  

these are dog days

and I am still in the dog house

I just don't know how to get out

 I'm like the cartoon bulldog

attached to this house by a chain

and she the sexy cat who taunts me

 just beyond reach

 only she isn't really taunting

if anything I taunt myself

 these are dog Days

filled with the heat

we can't believe

and this need we can't satisfy

 and so must to endure

the dog days of routines

that allow us to struggle ahead

even if we do not know precisely

 where we are going

and what we will find

when we get there

and whether or not

 we have reached the end of the chain

 that keeps us connected

 to this dog house

 and far from the cat

we imagine taunting us

 when she clearly is not

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment