Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Don’t know how to stop aug 30, 2024

 

I ought to stop

each post from the past

digs it all up again in me

so I begin to feel now as I did then

when I thought it was all behind me

 when in truth it never is

when feelings as go as deep as these

 they cannot be exhumed only buried

and perpetually they try to rise up again

so each breath I breathe today

is filled with what came then

and recalling those days

digging them up even faster

 bringing them to the surface

makes it impossible to bury them again

I feel as I always felt regardless

of time or distance or all the other stuff

that clutters the in between

I ought to stop

 but each time I try

 I feel the impact of endings and loss

and so I must keep on digging up

 re-examining feelings

that I always secretly felt

even when I pretended I didn't

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment