Sunday, September 1, 2024

A pause in the wind Sept. 1, 2024

  

I took the weekend off from posting old journals and poetry to take some local trips, not as far as Woodstock, but half way there to Nyak and a state park that might be better named Swan Lake for the number of swans occupying it.

I also finished several music videos – one which was so difficult it took me a month to get down the basic track.

A close gay friend talked me into doing another musical video in drag for our county’s version of Pride Month, but I look so awful as a girl, I can’t show it to anybody but him.

It did a lot to cheer me up though after I found out my daughter is showing symptoms of a disease my mother had. I won’t go into the details here, but in my handwritten journal where I can be more open about what I think.

The last two years posting journals have taken an emotional toll on me, stirring up stuff I though I had long buried. I also never meant to post most of it, especially the poetry journal stuff, but I got carried away. I had planned to stop the whole thing after our poet fled the town of Virgin Mayor, and I’ve already gone beyond that, another reason I had to stop posted for a bit in order to figure out if I should continue or not. While my journal goes on until late 2017, it is a very risky area – and I also started a separate journal dealing with our office that has nothing to do with our poet (or if mentioned, very sparsely). The poetry journal is a whole other kettle of fish since it expresses feelings I never meant to expose and I haven’t even posted all of those I wrote in 2012, let along the following years, and I’m not certain I should.

I’m still deciding whether or not to cease the whole thing since it has had an impact on me I never intended when I started.

Anyway, this is just an update.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment