Wednesday, September 4, 2024

i'm not that crazy June 16, 2012



“I’m not crazy! I’m not going there,” 

said the fly to the spider, 

voices of warning in my head, 

not yet so stupid as to walk

 wide awake into her web,

 a party for a magazine

 paid for by an owner 

too cheap to give anyone a raise.

Whose idea was this anyway?

Did this brainstorm come

 out of his own pointed little head?

I may be stupid, 

just not stupid enough 

to fly into the web 

of a world she knows too well,

 I know how good she will look,

 maybe even wearing

 that tight black dress 

she did on stage

and I know how much 

it will hurt, 

knowing I can’t possibly 

appreciate it for the glares 

she will give,

perhaps hooked on the arm 

of someone else, 

with a “see what you could have had,” look.

“I’m not crazy.

 I’m not going to give her the chance.”


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment