Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Fake innocence July 10, 2012

 

She pops in

 and out of his office

 like a chipmunk,

these, his weaning days

 as chief cook

 and bottle washer,

chirping about how

 she needs his advice

 on this or that,

 and even in my

Harry Potter cubby hole,

 I hear the door close

and let my imagination

 fill in the details

of what I think goes on

 behind it with him,

nothing unsavory,

nothing either might

 be ashamed of

 if revealed, just enough

to leave me drooling

with envy at what he has

and what I lack,

 reprising her role as cub

from what she had played

with me, and perhaps

this is why I do what I do,

sending off that

 hateful diatribe

that seems so innocent

on the surface,

 yet has the potential

of a stick of dynamite,

revealing more in

its innocence

that could be done

as an accusation,

saying I had talked to him

 about her,

and he assured me

 all would be well,

when it won’t.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment