Friday, June 21, 2024

That illusive scent Dec. 2013

 


I know I imagine it

Even as I turn my head

And think I catch

Her scent

Infused here,

Where she spent

So much time,

Hovering over

Her computer

Like a chef

Over a batch

Of cooking,

It makes me

Squirm here

In the seat she sat in,

I can’t find

A position of comfort,

A position in which

I do not think of her,

My desperation

To return here

And take my place

Among the gods,

Only for her

Not to be here.

I know I imagine it,

When I sniff the air

And catch that

Illusive perform

I still lack a name for,

If it is even real,

I sit where she sat

And wish she still

Sat her,

Wish the scent

I imagine was real

Wish that she

Will not vanish

Grateful that at least

Her spirit

Lingers here.

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment