Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Mixed messages Dec. 27, 2013

  

Timing is everything

So the mysterious appearance of Mistress Kaya and her alleged ties to our poet’s past seemed particularly suspicious, as if part of some elaborate plot I suspect is only in my mind.

I don’t trust it, or even some of the things I have read into her poems over the last two years (in particular those poems she has since removed  - which hint and suggest but refuse to say anything out right.)

I speculate that parts of some of these poems may be aimed at me, but she is as clever and illusive as she claims me to be.

I admit, I have tried to remain unseen, whether when checking in on her poetry or dealing with political people who had just too close to her for my own good.

The last thing I need is to give her and her public safety director friend more ammunition to use to prove I am stalking her,

And yet, there are times I react, and wish for her to come out of her shell and reveal herself. While to some degree she has, but always doing so in a way that allows her to cover her tracks and give her deniability.

 While there is room for other interpretations of her priority poem (which is why she left it up on her blog), her poem on trickling up may have been just too blatant and why she removed it, at least once from her site.

The two poems I know she removed seem to have come as a result of her panicking, as if she believed she had revealed too much.

And I’m never certain when she aims a poem (or part of one) at me. It is also difficult to know if I am on her radar at all (despite her calling the cops at the congressman’s event).

Most of the time when I interpret her poetry, I am guessing about the deeper meaning.

This Christmas, I posted photos of my desk covered with what I called “presents” which included an angled shot of my open notebook into which I had transcribed one of her poems.

Almost immediately afterwards, she posted a similarly angled photo with the out-of-focus image of the edition of our paper she’d worked for – only with my story on the front cover. More than a coincidence, I think, if not quite meeting the criteria as a message.

Early on (during the worst moments of our conflict now almost a year and a half ago), I had assumed our poet was being controlled by dark forces and that she inserted items in her poetry that she wanted to say to me, but could not do so openly (more than a bit of wishful thinking on my part, no doubt.)

She certainly has fallen in with some questionable characters, who have used her talents for their own terrible purposes.

The image of my story on the cover of her paper posted on her Facebook page confuses me because I don’t know if it means good or ill, or that she still clings to some thread of hope (to regain the man she loves) as some of her resent poems suggest. Or is she as the congressman’s PR person believe, simply spinning webs, setting traps I have avoided in the past. All this made even more suspicious by this woman’s sudden appearance and her claims of connections to our poet’s past.

I don’t believe her, but it has the makings of a trap.

Am I supposed to fall head over heals for this woman or let her turn me into a sissy or a slave?

If the dark forces sent her with that aim, then they have misread everything concerning me and the poet, thinking they can lure me into a trap with another woman, when the only woman in this picture I care about is the poet.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment