Thursday, June 27, 2024

Up to my chin July 30, 2012


I’m up to my chin

In this shit

She tells me

It’s easier if I

Don’t resist,

You can’t stop

The inevitable,

I might as well

Surrender.

Words of wisdom

Cast to me like

A life line

After I tried to

Sink her boat

On her birthday,

She has the upper hand,

Knows I’m helpless

To do anything other

Than give up,

The qualify of mercy

Unstained,

Not nearly as bitter

As when she

Forgave me,

I think she means it

This time,

Knows she has won,

Only she just doesn’t

Know me,

I never surrender,

And so, push my toes

Down into this muck

Feeling for the bottom,

While I still have

Breath to breathe,

Thinking the whole time

How pointless it is,

Even if I find the bottom,

Standing on tip toes

As I bask in the fucking

Muck I’ve made.

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment