Friday, July 19, 2024

Birthday wishes from afar July 18, 2024

 

 

we are 10 days away

 from her 45th birthday

 already deep into that silliness

 people called middle age

 and I wonder how different she feels

 now than back when I interrupted

her birthday party at age 33

 how did I feel when we all thought

 nobody would trust us because

we had survive passed our 30th birthday

and later turning 45 in the mid 1990s

having traded my career

as a baker, salesman, truck driver

for a career as a scribe

while she went from scribe

to something more prestigious

 still able to take pride

in her ability to save the world

While I at 33 fell in and out of love

But always stand ins for my one true love

while she, perhaps, is finding and losing love too

 then embracing aging as an accomplishment


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment