Thursday, August 22, 2024

On the brink feb 17, 2014

 

I'm still on the brink of it

the moment I perpetually live

again and again

 a repetitive dream

 where I feel my way

through the buttons to flesh

 cupping my hands around it

the tremble of it as ruthless in me

 as an earthquake

I live in constant state of anticipation

of longing, of wishing for it

when I know I can't have it,

 feeling flesh I have not felt in years ,

shaping it the way a sculptor

might from a bit of moist clay

 making it this then that

 flat at first then long and thin and potent

reshaping it again and again

from a brief memory of when

it once was real

 I live with the echo of old texts

like the voices of crazy people hear

 telling me to do things I ought not to do

even in private, even in the dark

still I do them, feeling what I imagine I feel

and the feel of real flesh

that happens to be mine

 One vision, one touch

 inspiring me even when

 it's not real I

 am still an interrupting volcano


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment