Saturday, June 29, 2024

Star struck June 27, 2024

 

 

She has become

The Madonna,

I once thought

She was,

A new image

Posed for public

Consumption,

A darker yet

Still angelic look

That strikes me

The way images of her

Did in the past,

Straighter hair

Framing her face,

The intensity of her

Dark eyes,

Waking the urges

The way her gaze

Always did, her mouth,

Always an invitation

For a kiss,

Not quite smiling,

Yet not at all sad,

Her face the face

That set so many

Ships to sail,

More mature,

Yet not old,

If anything

More resolved

Perhaps even

Filled with a sense of peace,

This face the face

I come back to again

And again, if only

In dreams,

Still as potent as

When we were still

Both younger,

When we were both

Still naïve,

An image that leaps

Out at me the minute

I see it,

Almost a stranger,

Certainly different,

Even though it is

The same face,

And I still stare,

Star struck.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment