Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Tattoo bracelet January 19, 2024

 

I never noticed the tattoo

On her left wrist

Until I saw it briefly

As she reached down

To shape the number 100

On the ground with treater

For her steed to eat.

Just when she branded herself

I cannot say, maybe as far back

As when I knew her back then,

And I just never noticed,

Too consumed with watching

Her eyes or her mouth.

Maybe it wasn’t there then,

Inscribed since, a string

Of symbols I can’t interpret,

If they have any meaning at all,

There for me to take notice of

Now, a new feature for some one

I thought I knew everything about

(and really know nothing)

Did she do it out of love for someone,

A declaration of possession,,

Signifying her undying affection for,

Or perhaps she just liked

The way they looked

A tattoo bracelet with no

Real meaning at all

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment