Friday, June 21, 2024

Solomon’s dilemma July 7, 2012

 

It isn’t his fault

The poor fool caught

Between friendship

And that other

Deeper

More passionate side,

A mentor who means

To serve as father

To us all

Trying to mediate

This clash between

Siblings,

(who make love

Behind his back

And then bicker)

Helpless to pick a side,

Throwing his hands up

Scared to admit

How much he loves

Them both,

Faced with the Solomon

Dilemma of choosing

Which one he

Loves more

And me,

The wounded child

Pressing him to

Decide, and

When he does,

Betraying him,

One more mean trick

Kids pick

When he (me) can’t

Get what we want

Or jealously can’t stand

When he gives her

the attention,

he(me) wishes

she could give me,

in the end

condemned to

decide

when there was

never a doubt

who he would,

who he loves best

and who I would have

picked, too,

had I been him.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment