Sunday, June 30, 2024

Tipping point Jan. 7, 2014

 


When the water pours Into the bilge faster than you can Bail it out, You know your ship will sink, and you will have to decide whether to sink or swim.

For almost two years, I have bailed water, even when at times it reached my lower lip, just managing to bail enough to keep from drowning, our owner waiting

For that tipping point when he believes I pose more trouble keeping me than to let me go.

All he needs from me is an excuse, which I have tried my best not to provide him with.

At times, I’ve suspected the reason for his wrath was her, maybe even believing he might bring her back once I am gone, restoring her to her proper place, and rid her of her fear of my being there.

Only she’s never coming  back, no matter how much he or other offer her or might think otherwise.

Still, I need to keep bailing to keep from flipping over and finding myself once more lost at sea.

br>
email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment