Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Checking in, but why Dec. 19. 2013

 

She checked out my photos from the renaming of the school after the U.S. Senator several weeks ago.

I don’t know why she bothers; her photos are generally better than mine, when she bothers to take them.

I can’t tell if her stopping in at my photo site was intentional since the IP was from her official site in the Virgin Mayor’s town hall, or if it is even her for certain.

It could have been some other official. Or someone else might have told her about my photos and she decided to take a look.

Direct hits from her are rare, it raises the question as to why she did not disguise her IP the way I suspect she normally does when visiting my sites.

I posted my photos yesterday and nearly all the other hits came through Twitter or Facefook, except for these stand out hits from town hall where she works. These also came from an iPad, which I know she uses.

I don’t know why she checks out my site since for the most part what I post gets censored sharply by my cyber nanny, and most of what I write about her are in handwritten journals which I don’t post anywhere.

On occasion, I can sneak in a poem or two that is relevant. She’s smart enough to know when I do it, which is why I suppose she checks.

I can’t imagine her trying to find more evidence to use against me since – with the exception of those two school re-naming – we have not seen or spoke to each other in over a year. While I still follow her online activity and write about her in journals (a kind of therapy), I’ve refrained from trying to provoke her, even though much of what I write in my journal is not negative or angry, as some of my poems were back in the early days when she still worked for us.

This is not to say she would like what I write about her.

The content varies, and is often speculative, trying to sort out what goes on in her head from clues in her posted poetry.

Sometimes, I’m just reflecting my moods, my feelings, my attractions, and see no reason to share them with anyone, even her.

Perhaps she checked out my pictures to see if she was in any of them.

Those few in which she appears, she does not appear prominently, just another face in the crowd as I snapped shots of the people involved in the ceremony. And frankly, when I took the photos, I was not aware of her being in the frame.

The only thing that comes of all this is the possibility that she is still watching, perhaps more routine than out of hostility, a kind of keeping tabs on someone she considers an enemy, even if I do not accept that role in her life.

I would say I’ll be more careful in the future, I doubt the opportunity will arise, and doubt that our paths will cross again in the future.

Still, I will be cautious.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment