Sunday, June 30, 2024

Out of the blue March 27, 2012

 


She calls me

To tell me

How much she

Is into me

WTF?

Out of the blue,

Like an over extended

Rubber band

Suddenly let loose,

This girl from the office

Whispering on the phone,

A mystery lady

Who sits across the table

From me at our

Once a week

Meeting

Yet light year away.

How old is she?

Does she know

How old I am?

To even be considered

Worthy turns me back

Into a giddy teen,

Stunned by her deep stare

I can even imagine

Through the precarious

Connection of our cell phone,

A slice of attraction

I did not know I felt

Until her call,

Her oddly slanted features

Especially her mouth,

Haunting,

As she speaks the words,

“I’m really into you,”

I’m confused,

The way I once was

When I put my books

In front of my crotch

Coming out of science class

Back in Jr. High,

To hide how attracted

I was to my science teacher.

WFT?

What the hell is this?

Why can’t I think straight?

 

br>
email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment