Monday, July 1, 2024

Role reversal April 5, 2012

 


I don’t know

How she talked me

Into it,

Ace reporter covering

A cub reporter

On Career Day

In a town she is

Supposed to cover,

Not me,

Meeting me at the front door

To the new high school

At an ungodly hour

When I would otherwise

Be rising to get coffee,

Following her around

As if I wore a dog collar

And she holding me

By the leash,

Like a puppy,

Lacking only the lolling

Tongue and drool

Down my chin,

Bringing me into

Her world

Where she is ace

And I am cub,

To show off

What she can do,

With me to document

It for her,

Even though she is

The better writer,

And can take better

Photos than I can,

A real role reversal

In which I can

Barely compete.

 

br>
email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment