Sunday, October 6, 2024

still bruised aug 12, 2012

 

 2 weeks later I still bleed from

the bushwacking I got for

 wishing her happy birthday

 looking at the screenshots

trying to figure out who was who

 and if they are really who they said

 her brother for certain

though I keep the numbers on record

just in case they decide they wan

t to bushwack me again

 though I know they won't

because I won't give them an excuse

they have circled the wagons around her

feeling the need to protect her

and maybe they're right

even if what they believe about me is mistaken

made up of bits and pieces of things

about me and other things

when assembled correctly

does not mean what they think

I feel no less wounded

shot in the chest with their slings and arrows

 and all piling up like stones over me

 to bury me

to condemn me to silence

and I have no choice but to comply

to quote her poem

 I am neck deep already in quicksand


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment