Sunday, October 6, 2024

Lady MacBeth aug 12, 2012

 

I take pictures of my phone with my camera

because I don't yet know how to do a screenshot

 and need to preserve my folly concerning

her birthday wish gone awry

and in the ability to take it back

 tracing the parade ofcalls I got

to learn who it is that came after me

in my reckless swagger

Earl Flynn stripped of sword and tights

 left naked and vulnerable

the last act of which I am uncertain

 if I have survived

to be or not

 the ghost of imagined adversaries

I can only guess at each

 slashing at my body with their texts

while I hopelessly attempt to fend them off

in the end left bleeding

 humiliated

less than a prince more than a pauper

 and I am still standing

but staggering

knowing in the end

 when the last act is played out

 she is the last one standing

the hero of the play

in which I mistakenly assumed I was

puddy in her hands like Lady Macbeth

her fingers stained with blood

 my blood


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment