Friday, October 4, 2024

Splinter march 2014

  

we are what we ingest

 the spirit of what died for us

 to survive becoming part of us

 there inside as little splinter

 too deep beneath the surface

 to easily remove

it changes us

 molding us from the inside

filling us with notions

 we might not have otherwise

 have conceived

 the rumble of hooves I hear in my head

 when I order cheeseburger at the diner

 the clatter of leaves from the salad

 yet most disturbing are the sounds

I hear after I have ingested you

how changed by having you inside of me

I feel neither good nor bad

 just different an altered universe

a shift in orbit

 unpredictable

like the way I changed

 that first time on LSD

knowing both then and now

 nothing will ever be the as it once was

 knowing I am not the same person

after I took you inside me

 a splinter that makes its way

slowly and steadily

into the center of my heart

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment