Tuesday, July 16, 2024

WTF is this? January 18, 2014

  

WTF is this

is what our new writer says

After she sent him the email

Telling him how much help

She can be to him,

A message he keeps on his service

As if not quite believing

What it is,

Lacking history to understand

How she needs to keep the party line open,

As she did with D, and then later Joe,

Inviting the new guy to rely on her

The way us older guys did,

Even as her ship sails or sinks

Even as she puts on the life preserver

Ready to leap overboard.

WFT is this, the new guy asks,

I say I don’t know

When I actually suspect, but don’t dare

Spile the water for this guy

By telling him stuff about the past

I figure he’s smart enough

To each through it,

Though I thought the same of others

Before him,

The new of new who leaned on her

So much they fell in love with her,

All still stagger behind her

After she has moved on to

Somebody else.

 


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment