Thursday, August 1, 2024

cracking open. 2014

 

if I crack her open

like the claw to a crab

 will I find tender meat inside

the sweetness dripping down my chin

 as I lick it all up

why does she hide who she really is

in shells so tough

it takes all I have to reach in

and caress that part I most need to reach

 is there any other way I can reach it

the core of it

the soft center that brings the most Joy

if I stroke her persistently

can I wear out all that is hard in her

 or must I push my hardness

into those few cracks nature provides

riding her hard to bring about

that eruption that has us both boil over

 is there any other way to reach

 deep into her without cracking the shell

any way to taste her sweet meat

without evoking pain


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment