Saturday, August 3, 2024

liars. Feb 7, 2014

  

I think they are all liars

 the gossipmongers

 who tell tales about her

 now that she has gone

the mean spirited evil beings

who rise up out of their political Graves

to tell me things they think I want to hear

when I really don’t.

 do I really want to know

 the machinations  of her leaving

when I ache over the fact that she's gone

 when there's grave robbers

who insiste on pissing on the grave

 for some reason I can't phantom

 perhaps they are jealous

having been kept out of her existence

when they ache for her to

pay them the attention

 she gave to better men than them

I think they tell tales

they do not know for a fact

needing to bury that part of this story

 so that they can get on with their lives

 turning her into some specter

 of their own creation

so they do not have to feel left out

 while I listen like a peeping Tom

I’m expected to believe because

I've been cast out too

 whistling past the graveyard

of political aspirations

hoping the world will not

go topsy-turvy again

hoping I am better than they are

telling nasty tales I won't believe


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment