Friday, May 3, 2024

Sundress (2012-13)

  

You have it all

Exuding from you

As you stand in the lobby

Sun dress illuminated

By beams of sunlight,

Your sunglasses

Keeping your deep eyes hid,

Painting you as

A girl of mystery,

Where you are going

I can’t say,

Who you go with,

I dare not imagine,

All I see

Is you

There,

An angel at the bottom

Of the stair,

Waiting to leave,

Gaze invisible

My memory filling in

The missing pieces,

A jigsaw puzzle

That assembled

Makes a perfect picture

I recreate in my mind,

Imagining the possible

That has since

Become impossible,

Me painting it all in my brain

The way Di Vinci must have

Before ever setting

His brush to canvas,

I paint you in my mind,

Seeing this perfect moment

Forever.


email to Al Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment